So this morning as I sat down to give Munchkin2 his morning feed, I checked my phone to find I had a notification on Twitter. This turned out to be a nomination for a Blogger Recognition Award from the lovely Sue at Mama Mia. It was such a lovely surprise and I’m delighted to accept this award, especially as I’m still quite new to blogging and still learning, so it is an absolute privilege to be considered! A Blogger Recognition Award is given to bloggers by fellow bloggers to help them get their blogs seen by more people and receive the recognition they deserve for their hard work. I do often wonder if anyone actually reads my blog and if it is worth me taking the time to write it, so this is a wonderful surprise to reassure me.
Thankyou Mama Mia!
As I have already mentioned, I was nominated by Mama Mia, which is a fantastic blog written in the voice of ‘Mamas’ (Sue) little girl Mia. One of my favourite posts on her blog is Tips For Raising A Daughter which discusses raising a girl in 2017, a time when we are seeing and experiencing a lot of changes with bringing up our children whilst also still sticking to some age old traditions. It is a very inspiring post that I can relate to, and so is the whole blog for that matter.
Since becoming a parent I have often thought about writing a blog, and the urge to do so grew stronger and stronger the more I learnt and experienced with Munchkin1. And so finally Munchkin Shenanigans was created in the later stages of my pregnancy with Munchkin2. I adore writing about my life with my two Munchkins, plus it also documents my memories of their childhood for me to look back on. I’m still finding my feet with the blog and continue to learn every day. One of my favourite things to write is the Munchkin Says series, where I talk about all of the wonderful and sometimes strange things that Munchkin1 says; I can’t wait to add what Munchkin2 says once he starts jabbering too!
Just Keep Blogging!
My advice to other bloggers and aspiring bloggers is this –
- Just Keep Blogging! Don’t give up writing because you’re worried nobody is interested, just keep at it! It is a great way to relieve any stresses and/or worries you may have with parenting or life in general as it gets it all off your chest, and also a fantastic way to remind yourself of all the good times and special memories.
- Get Yourself Out There! If you don’t already, use social media to get yourself and your blog out there to as many people as possible! I’m still growing my following but I’m amazed at how much it has grown already just by following and chatting to other bloggers on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and joining groups helps too!
- Don’t Be Afraid To Ask For Help! The blogging community is extremely friendly, everyone is happy to help each other out, all you have to do is ask!
- The Coastal Mummy
- Pams Bake And Baby Blog
- Amazonian Mummy
- Daydreams Of A Mum
- Wife Mother Life
- Bringing Up The Berneys
- The Student Mummy
- Cup Of Toast
- Musings Of A Tired Mummy
- From Beer To Maternity
Rules For Accepting The Award
- Take the time to thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story how your blog started
- Give pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select 10-15 other bloggers you want to give this award to
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them, provide the link to the post you created